Friday, November 20, 2015

Finally Listening

Life is hard!! I know you are thinking, "Tell me something I don't already know." My anniversary of returning from the mission field is coming up. One whole year! Who knew that time could go so fast and life could be so rewarding yet painful in 365 days.

In the last year, I have experienced so much. Highs and Lows and lots of stuff in the middle. I feel like my experiences could help someone else. A few months ago, I started having this feeling or prompting that I should start writing on this blog again. I would tell myself, "I need to do that!" Then life would happen and weeks later I would realize that I never even opened up the webpage. 

Two weeks ago, I was in Arizona in the Gilbert Temple and I was prompted again to write. And topics came to my mind of what to write about. There is no denying that. However life happened and I was not able to start writing immediately. Then, this morning I read a talk by President Henry B. Eyring titled "The Holy Ghost as Your Companion." In this talk, he tell and reminds us that to have the Holy Ghost with us always, we can start by following a prompting. After we follow that prompting, more promptings will follow. Right away, this blog came to my mind, so instead of doing homework, I am here writing this blog because I was asked to and I really need to follow this prompting. I don't know if many people will read this or if it will only help me. But I know that God has a plan for each one of us and that I would not have felt prompted to write this if there was not a purpose.

God is aware of each one of us. He knows your needs and He knows mine.


In this blog, I will be sharing some insights and advice from the perspective of a return missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that the contents of this blog may not be unique, but hopefully they can help someone.


For now, there are twelve topics that I would like to talk about. Don't worry, I am not going to go into each of them now. (Phew!!) Each topic will get its own spotlight in a blog post.



Maintaining the Spirit
Managing your Time
Dating and Marriage
Scriptures
The Temple
School
Reflecting on the Mission
Continuing to Develop
Member Missionary Work
Trusting God
Charity and Loving others
Being Happy and Finding Joy

I know that God is aware of you because you are His child. His son or daughter. He misses you. If you are not sure about this, ask Him. Kneel down, pray, and ask Him in if He knows who you are and if he loves you. If you really want to know, then I promise that He will answer through the power of the Holy Ghost.


Love Always,

Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment