Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sister Stephen's last letter as a missionary

Hello y'all!
This is a pretty scary subject to be writing on... Serving a mission has been the very best thing that I have ever done.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me on a mission to do his will.  There are many people who would have been better for the job, but that is not how Heavenly Father works.  I have been changed from the inside out and I am so so grateful for that.  I love missionary work because I can help people to really feel the love that God has for them.  I love the atonement of Jesus Christ and I know that He died and atoned for each one of us.  I know that God has restored His original church and that it is for everyone.  I love the mission so so much!!
On Sunday, we went to Music and the Spoken Word and we were recognized as sisters who had finished their mission on Temple Square.  After the broadcast, Lloyd Newl announced where each of us was from on the mic and everyone in the conference center applauded for us.  I was overwhelmed with the way I felt.  I felt happy, sad, shy, proud, and grateful.
On Monday, we had transfer conference and each of the departing sisters had the chance to shard 1 minute of advice that they would give to a sister coming on a mission.  This was my advice:
Be willing to trust God and let go.  That is the scariest thing that you will ever do because your natural man/woman wants to be "in control".  The only way that you will every really change and do the work the way it is meant to be is if you let God be in control.  That is the way to progress and to be truly happy.  It is terrifying and scary, but it is the only way to become who God wants you to be.
After that, we all lined up and the mission sang our mission song.  Yes I cried.  I will miss the sisters and the mission so so much.
On Tuesday we went to the temple!!  We had a meeting with the Temple President, his wife and President and Sister Poulsen, then we went to the 10am session.  The spirit was so strong and I learned so much and received a lot of revelation for what I need to do after my mission.  I love going to the temple so much!  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and that He loves me.
Wednesday was really strange because so many of my close friends went home and have been released.  So strange!  But I also got so see so many dear friends that came back from outbound.
Tomorrow I have my departing interview with President Poulsen. I will also have to check out with the mission secretaries who will make sure that I left everything nice and clean.
Well I have to go now... But I will see you all soon!
Love Always,
Sister Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment