Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back at Temple Square!

Dear Awesome Family!

This Past week Sister Torino focused very hard on our goals and did our very best to reach them and we saw miracles! Sometimes these miracles did not result in key indicators, but we were still doing what the Lord wanted us to do at that time. One of our miracles happened when we were going past the Temple Model. I felt like we needed to go and talk to a woman who was looking at one of the monitors. We went over and started a conversation with her and discovered that she was a member and wanted to go to the temple but she was not worthy to do so. She needed to meet with the bishop, but she had some fears about meeting with him and did not understand why she needed to meet with him. I was able to testify that her bishop was set apart to help her through the repentance process. She started to cry. Sister Torino was able to share a perfect scripture from Mark from her personal study : Mark 5:36 "As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe." The spirit was so strong! We told her that she could do this and repent so that she could enter the temple. We asked if we could stay in contact with her and committed her to make an appointment with her bishop before Wednesday night (tomorrow!) so we could follow up with her. It was a miracle and showed how when we follow the spirit and obtain the word of God in our studies, the Lord will send us people who are in need.

Personally, I am doing well. I think that I am back in the swing of temple square and I am loving it. I have missed so many of the Sisters and it is good to be able to speak with so many guests. Lately I have had the goal to invite everyone I see to do something that will bring them closer to Christ and receiving his gospel. So if they don't want a tour, I invite them to go see the Temple Model or the Christus or God's plan. It has been really amazing and I feel like I am fulfilling my purpose more. The church has just put out a new missionary tour that is being tested only here on Temple Square!!  Instead of giving out a Book of Mormon, there is now an app where you can download it for free!  It has a lot of language options and it will even read the scriptures allowed to you!  I have been trying to use the Book of Mormon app a lot. People are really interested in downloading it to their phones.  You can download it too if you want.  It is in the app store if you search "the book of mormon"  It looks like a blue copy of the book.  :)

I hope you all know that I love you so so much!! 

Love Always,
Sister Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment