Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Letter from July 22nd :) We all need a conversion story!!!!!

Hello Sweet family!

The Gospel is true and it just brings so much joy to everyone!  I love helping people to see the joy that the gospel brings and to help them to have that joy in their life as well.  I just love it!  

I ran into some family yesterday. ;)  Everyone looked so much bigger. It was so wonderful to take them on a short tour that turned out to be pretty long because we had to wait for about 20 minutes to go into a certain presentation.  But the spirit was really strong.  I hope they all felt it.  I invited my cousins to pray last night to know if the Book of Mormon is true.  I hope that they followed trough on their commitment and did pray.  I am so glad that I prayed at an early age to know that the church was true.  I am so so grateful for my personal conversion story.  We all need to have a conversion story even if we were born into the church, that does not matter.  

I am learning a few words in Tagalog!  It is about time because I claim to be 1/2 philipina because I have had 4 transfers with filipinas.  This is how you say I love you: Mahal kita. I am working on memorizing the church's name is Tagalog.  Every transfer each language has a meeting were the sisters get to talk in their native tongue and talk about how to help their investigators who speak that language.  Then after teh meeting, they usually eat food from their country.  This past filipino meeting, I made pineapple pie (it is a Philippines thing) for the feast and it was really yummy!  I ate a lot of yummy filipino food. yum!

This week my personal study has not been as good as it has been in the past.  I don't really know why, but I am working on making it better.  But I still learned from my studies.  Today actually, I learned a lot about repentance.  In the first chapter of PMG, it talks about our purpose as a missionary.  I read on page 8 about helping people to keep commitments and how that leads to increased faith and repentance.  I learned that true repentance requires, a change of heart, a desire to forsake sin and serve God, humbly yielding to the spirit and submitting to Gods will.  It also requires an sincere and really lasting change of not just our actions, but also our thoughts desires and habits.  I thought that this was so interesting because it made me think about how repenting changes every part of us, not just a single part but our entire selves.  I thought about my experiences with repentance have changed so much of who I am and who I desire to become.  It is an amazing thought to think about who the atonement allows us to become if we are willing to give up what we have for something better.  I hope that I can always be willing to give things that are keeping me from God up for a better relationship with my Father in heaven.
I am also starting a challenge to read 1 section from the Doctrine and Covenants everyday for the rest of my mission so that I will complete it by the end of my mission. 

Love Always,
Sister Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment